Below is a roundup of important announcements and reminders from the Business Center. If you have a question or there is something that you'd like to include in the next roundup, please feel free to reach out to the Business Center via email@example.com.
Staffing Plan Updates
Fall 2023 registration opens Monday, March 20.
- All section information has been sent to the Registrar.
- Please continue to use the PeopleSoft Comparison report to review BMS data to PeopleSoft. If any changes are needed a Registrar Schedule Change form should be submitted.
- CourseLeaf is still targeted for April 2023 go-live; no date or details has been communicated officially from the Registrar’s Office but we will make sure information is shared ASAP.
Please submit your Summer Graduate appointments in SmartHR by 4/14/2023 to allow CLAS SS BC and GM adequate time to review and approve.
- Fall adjuncts will be due in Page Up on 5/19/23, to allow CLAS SS BC adequate time to review and approve.
- The adjunct minimum per-credit rate for the upcoming AY is $1,973.
- Fall Semester dates: 8/28/23 – 12/20/23.
- Please remember that the GEU contract requires the university to make offers by April 1 for incoming GAs and by June 1 for continuing GAs except in exceptional situations as outlined in by the contract. Learn more about offer letters.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will be holding a Conference for Administrative Excellence on June 7, 2023 in Storrs Hall rooms WW16 and WW01. Please note that this event will be in person only--there will not be a remote option.
The Office of University Compliance has a new policies website.
- This includes all university-wide policies which can be found using an easy to use search function.
- You can access the new website here.
Active Threat Training:
- Departments can contact the UConn PD to set up various Community Educational programs in addition to the Active Threat training that was recently held. See the full list of available programs here.
- UConn’s Emergency Hazard Guide can be downloaded and installed directly on your desktop or laptop by going here.
UConn will implement Interfolio's Promotion, Tenure, and Review module beginning with the Academic Year 2023-2024 PTR cycle. More information can be found on this page. Information sessions and consultations are available by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchasing training: Wednesday, March 29 from 9:30-11 a.m.
- This session would combine a Purchasing overview along with a HuskyBuy overview.
- We are teaming up with CAHNR and NEAG to offer this virtually and for some in-person attendance in the Purchasing Bid Room- formal invite to follow soon.
- UCPEA Evaluation Training for Supervisors: Thursday, March 23 from 3-4 p.m.
- UConn’s 2023 Annual Compliance Training is now available –deadline to complete is May 26, 2023.
- Page Up Training:
CLAS Shared Services Grant Management
Summer Payroll Pre-Encumbrances on Grant Accounts:
- CLAS GMS is reviewing the PageUp and CORE transactions for all summer payroll on grant accounts.
- We are tracking all GAs and faculty on grant accounts and then saving pre-encumbrance edocs in KFS for the salary and fringe amounts on the grant accounts.
- You will be able to see these pre-encumbrances in the bi-weekly reports
- Once payroll has submitted the actual payroll encumbrance on the grant, we will then delete our pre-encumbrances from KFS.
- This will provide faculty with an accurate projection of their grant accounts before and during the summer.
CLAS Shared Services Facilities Services
We are currently in Spring Break and the end of the semester is growing closer. This is a great time to help CLAS Facilities with planning our summer projects. Please email your requests to CLASFSHelp@uconn.edu for consideration.
- On St Patrick’s Day, 13 million pints of Guinness will be consumed worldwide.
- St Patrick’s Day parades began in America, not Ireland: Boston 1737.