Services We Offer
- Completing administrative forms
- Simplifying application guidelines
- Developing your budget
- Reviewing proposals for compliance, offering feedback, and making revisions as appropriate
Our role in the Pre-Award process is to assist you in all aspects of preparing your proposal including budget development, completion of administrative tasks, communicating with UConn’s Sponsored Programs Office, and providing feedback and recommendations to build a stronger proposal.
Our team is here to assist you with preparing a comprehensive budget for your grant application. We are knowledgeable in regards to calculating effort, fringe benefits, indirect vs. direct cost, as well as applying the University’s Facilities and Administration Rate Agreement.
If you are looking to draft a budget, some items to consider requesting funding for include:
- Summer salary
- Personnel support (student labor, graduate students, post-docs)
- Domestic travel
- Foreign travel
- Materials and supplies
F&A Rate Agreement
Indirect Costs (IDCs) are costs that the University requests from a Sponsor to provide for
- Administrative cost associated with managing awards, and
- Facility overhead associated with research functions.
The University’s F&A Agreement can be found here: http://content.research.uconn.edu/pdf/storrs/sps/preaward/F_A_RateAgreement.pdf